Generic Crime
Generic Crime

The suspect in two armed robberies, both of which triggered UF Alerts, has been located.

Gainesville Police arrested Korey Der’renard Gunn, 23, in connection to robberies at a Chevron gas station on Feb. 3 and a Winn-Dixie liquor store on Wednesday, according to a police report.

In each instance, Gunn held a semi-automatic BB gun to a cashier’s head and demanded money, according to the report.

After each robbery, UF alerts were emailed and texted to students, both ending the same: suspect not located.

After the robbery at the Chevron, located at 1024 W. University Ave., the cashier told police she recognized Gunn as a frequent customer. Police then found photos of him on Facebook brandishing the same weapon and wearing the same shoes from the gas station’s surveillance video.

Four days later, Gunn entered the Winn-Dixie liquor store, at 2002 SW 34th St., carrying the same blue bag he used at the Chevron and threatening a cashier with his fake gun, according to the report.

Later that day, police pulled over a vehicle, in which Gunn was a passenger. Inside, they located the BB gun, clothing he had been wearing during the robberies — and their suspect.

Police arrested Gunn on violation of probation warrant and charge him with two counts of armed robbery. Authorities took him to the Alachua County Jail where he remains, as of press time, with no bond.

GPD spokesman Officer Ben Tobias said police are still investigating other armed robberies for which Gunn may have been responsible.

mkornfield@alligator.org

@merylkornfield

Korey Der’renard Gunn