Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Two Marion County Public Schools teachers were arrested this week for inappropriately touching students, the sheriff’s office said.

Chester Pacana

Chester Pacana

Timothy Cooke

Timothy Cooke

Timothy Cooke, 58, was arrested Wednesday after grabbing a female student by the buttocks on Jan. 19 at Ocala’s Lake Weir High School, according to an arrest report. When she tried to move away, Cooke grabbed her and pulled her back.

Police have investigated Cooke five times for simple battery of high-school students since 2009, according to a press release. In December, another student said Cooke had wrapped his arm around her and placed his hand on her breast, according to an arrest report.

Marion County Public Schools fired him Wednesday, according to the release.

Chester Pacana was arrested Monday for touching a 15-year-old female student in

his classroom on Feb. 8 at Dunnellon High School, according a press release.

Jenn Sewell, a mother of two Lake Weir High School students, said she heard rumors about Cooke before his arrest. Her daughter, a sophomore, felt uncomfortable in class with Cooke.

“I am glad that he isn’t going to be at school anymore, but I want to know what Marion County is going to do about this in the future,” Sewell said.

Police questioned Cooke about the January incident, according to the report.

“If she said I touched her maybe I did,” he responded, according to the report.

Police arrested Cooke on two charges of battery. Pacana was arrested on a charge of lewd and lascivious molestation, according to the press release.

Both were taken to the Marion County Jail. Cooke was released Thursday on a $2,000 bond and Pacana was released Monday on a $5,000 bond.

Contact Meryl Kornfield at mkornfield@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @MerylKornfield