Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A former UF linebacker was arrested Thursday for attempted sexual battery, Gainesville Police said.

Daniel Eugene McMillan

Daniel Eugene McMillan

Daniel Eugene McMillan, 23, was in his apartment with a woman visiting for unknown business reasons at about 3:40 p.m., according to an arrest report. When she walked into his room, he locked his door and stood in front of the locked door, blocking her from leaving.

McMillan lowered his shorts and underwear, exposing his genitals to the woman, police said. She told him she was uncomfortable and asked to be let out of the room, but he continued to block her from leaving and ignored her pleas.

“It’s OK baby, it’s OK baby,” he told her, according to the report.

When he walked toward her and grabbed her, she tried to get away, police said. She escaped the room after kicking McMillan in the crotch.

After the woman told police, McMil- lan was brought to the police station, where he refused to answer questions, said GPD spokesperson Officer Ben Tobias.

McMillan is a UF African American studies senior, said UF spokesperson John Hines. McMillan was No. 13 on the 2015 UF football roster, according to the team’s website, but no longer plays with the team. The Jacksonville native started playing football for UF in 2013.

Police arrested McMillan on charges of attempted sexual battery and false imprisonment at 7:16 p.m. Authorities took him to the Alachua County Jail, where he was released Friday night on a $40,000 bond.

As of press time, McMillan has not responded to requests for comment.

Contact Meryl Kornfield at mkornfield@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @MerylKornfield