<p>UF outside hitter Carli Snyder passes a ball during Florida's 3-0 win against Texas A&amp;M on Oct. 9, 2015, in the O'Connell Center.</p>

UF outside hitter Carli Snyder passes a ball during Florida's 3-0 win against Texas A&M on Oct. 9, 2015, in the O'Connell Center.

It was a dominant night for the Gators as they handily swept NC State 3-0 (25-17, 25-16, 25-22).

The Gators (3-0) played their first of two matches in San Juan, Puerto Rico tonight after coming off a thrilling weekend that saw Florida defeat two top-five teams.

UF collected 48 kills, and the Gators -- who hit around 19 percent over their first two games -- came back to their normal ways, converting over 35 percent of their hits tonight.

On the team's performance, coach Mary Wise said it was a night where the defense stayed steady and the offense did its job.

“We had some highlight performances offensively,” Wise said. “Especially the play of our seniors—Rhamat, Carli, and Shainah. It’s a work in progress, as are all teams this early in the season.”

Senior Carli Snyder led the way for the Gators, finishing with 14 kills and seven digs.

In addition to Snyder's contribution, seniors Rhamat Alhassan and Shainah Joseph added nine kills each, while redshirt junior Allie Monserez also provided an offensive presence with 30 assists.

On the other side of the court, the Wolfpack (0-4) struggled to get anything going against the No. 4 Gators.

Freshman Melissa Evans gave NC State 11 kills in the losing effort, and junior Kylie Pickrell provided 26 assists.

For the fifth time in the last six years, Florida has started the season with three straight wins, with the lone year being in 2016 when they lost Nebraska in their first game of the season.

The Gators will face another quick turn around this weekend, playing the No. 16 North Carolina Tar Heels at 8:30 p.m. tomorrow to conclude the SEC-ACC Challenge.

You can follow Justin Ahlum on Twitter @justinn_case1, and contact him at jahlum@alligator.org.