Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Update Feb. 4, 2018: Connor Michael Lewis, 25, pled guilty with no contest, which is admitting to the facts of the case but not accepting fault, to one of two counts of battery on Jan. 8. Adjudication was withheld on the other count, meaning the judge ordered sanctions but didn't convict Lewis of the charge.

A Florida man was arrested for hitting two strangers Saturday, but he said he didn’t remember doing it, Gainesville Police said.

Connor Michael Lewis, 25, walked up to a woman near LynCourt Square Apartments on Southwest Third Avenue and punched her in the face at about 6:12 p.m., during the Florida vs. Tennessee football game, according to an arrest report. Police said the woman had swelling on her cheek and a small cut on her lip.

Lewis then walked up to a car stopped in traffic and punched the driver through an open car window, according to the report. The driver tried to park his car to defend himself when Lewis grabbed the driver’s dreadlocks and ripped them from his head. Lewis tried to pull the driver out of his car before running away, a witness told police.

The witness told police the woman said she was attacked, so he called 911. He followed Lewis and saw him attack the second victim, according to the report.

Officers found Lewis a few minutes after the attack and arrested him on charges of assault and simple battery.

After his arrest, Lewis told police he had been drinking beer and whiskey since 3 p.m. Saturday, according to the report.

Lewis was taken to the Alachua County Jail where he was released on his own recognizance Sunday afternoon.

Lewis could not be reached for comment.