<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-9f4beda0-7842-6b6c-58b8-8715e014e266"><span>Stephen Madonia hits a forehand during the 2016-17 Florida men’s tennis regular season at the Ring Tennis Complex.</span></span></p>

Stephen Madonia hits a forehand during the 2016-17 Florida men’s tennis regular season at the Ring Tennis Complex.

The first couple days of tournament play at the ITA All-American Championships in Tulsa, Oklahoma, brought a series of ups and downs for the Florida men’s tennis team.

The only Gators who played in the pre-qualifying rounds on Saturday and Sunday were freshman Andy Andrade and sophomore Stephen Madonia.

On Saturday, Andrade played his first singles match of the tournament against Mathieu Scaglia of Oklahoma State.

Andrade dropped the match in three sets (2-6, 6-3, 6-0), moving him into the consolation bracket for Sunday.

In his pre-qualifying consolation match on Sunday, Andrade lost to Matthew Gamble of Notre Dame by a score of 6-4, 1-6, 6-4.

Madonia won his first match on Saturday against Rok Krizaj of Nebraska in two swift sets, 6-0, 6-0.

In his match against Diego Giraldo Restrepo of the University of Missouri-Kansas City, Madonia won in another two short sets, 6-1, 6-4.

Madonia’s next opponent was Alvaro Verdu of Marquette, whom he played in the third round of the pre-qualifying draw on Sunday. Madonia lost the match by a score of 7-5, 7-6.

Qualifying doubles competition will pick up on Monday with two Gators pairs.

Freshmen Duarte Vale and Oliver Crawford will play together while senior Chase Perez-Blanco will pair up with Andrade.

Qualifying singles play will also begin on Monday with Perez-Blanco, junior McClain Kessler, sophomore Johannes Ingildsen, Vale and Crawford.

This will be Crawford’s first appearance on the court as a Gator.

You can follow Mari Faiello on Twitter @faiello_mari, and contact her at mfaiello@alligator.org.