A fraternity plans to celebrate their identities for children who can’t learn about their own.

The Alpha Upsilon chapter of Omega Delta Phi Fraternity will celebrate individual identities through I Identify Week, which began Tuesday.

The fraternity is raising money for the Child Advocacy Center, Inc. in Gainesville, a nonprofit organization that provides assistance to abused and neglected children, said Deionté Harvey, a 20-year-old UF international studies sophomore and member of the fraternity.

Although students at UF have the opportunity to explore their identities, children at the CAC do not, Harvey said.

“A lot of children at the CAC don’t really get the time or space to celebrate themselves or think about their identities,” Harvey said. “We want to educate people about how lucky they are to be able to do that on our campus.”

The group will host a student organization fair Monday at 6:30 p.m. in Pugh Hall, and has been reaching out to students at the Reitz Union.

“We’ve had activities that emphasize identity, gender expression and privilege,” Harvey said.