Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A Gainesville woman with an active warrant out for her arrest was found by deputies hiding behind a washing machine Saturday, Alachua County Sheriff’s Office said.

warrant

Scott

Lakenna King Scott, 41, was in her home at about 9:49 a.m. when ACSO deputies arrived to arrest her on a warrant for aggressive abuse on a child, according to an arrest report. Law enforcement was told by her probation officer she would be there, they said.

Using a patrol car speaker system, deputies called to the house from outside that they were there to collect Scott. They made announcements and knocked on the front door for 25 minutes, according to the report.

Another woman opened the door and said she wasn’t sure if Scott was in the house, and police went inside and searched the home, according to the report.

After 30 minutes of searching, deputies announced they would send a police dog in to sniff for her.

A police dog found Scott behind her washing machine, according to the report. She told police she was hiding because she didn’t want to go to jail, and she knew she wouldn’t receive a bond.

ACSO said it took an hour, five deputies and a police dog to arrest Scott. Scott was arrested for resisting arrest and was taken to the Alachua County Jail where she remains, as of press time, with no bond.