Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A Gainesville man was accused of pointing his gun and yelling, “Don’t f*** with me” during a road rage incident on Hawthorne Road on Monday night.

Gregory London, Jr.

Gregory London, Jr.

Gregory London, Jr., 28, was arrested on charges of two counts of aggravated assault, possession of a weapon by a felon and threatening a public servant, according to a Gainesville Police Department arrest report. As of Tuesday afternoon, he is being held in the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $95,000 bond, according to online court records.

Before his arrest, London followed the victims in a black Hyundai SUV on 1200 NE Waldo Road because he thought one of them hit his car, the report said. He drove up to the victims’ vehicle’s driver-side and pointed a black pistol at them, telling them to pull over.

One of the victims called police and pulled into the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office parking lot, the report said.

An officer pulled London over at 1900 SE 13th Place, and London told the officer, “I got mad at them because I thought they hit my girl’s car” and “I yelled at them to pull them over and beat their f****** ass,” the report said. He denied having a pistol.

When the officer removed London’s red bandana, London said the officer could get shot for removing his “colors,” which refers to gang-affiliation clothing, the report said.

London has been incarcerated three times in Florida on charges of carrying a concealed weapon, possession of a controlled substance and being an accessory to a crime, according to Florida Department of Corrections online records. He was released from his latest sentence on May 13.

Contact staff writer Paige Fry at pfry@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter @paigexfry.