<p>Sophomore Marta Perez will be part of the Gators' starting lineup in their second tournament of the season. </p>

Sophomore Marta Perez will be part of the Gators' starting lineup in their second tournament of the season. 

Florida women’s golf coach Emily Glaser chuckled. 

She found the notion that the team was worried laughable. Her squad finished as the runner-up to Miami in the Florida Challenge on Jan. 29.

She said heading into the Gators’ next tournament -- the Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge -- her team wouldn’t dwell on the loss.

“The thing that we’re really going to focus on in the spring is there’s not going to be any one tournament that’s sort of going to say, ‘This is the team we are,’” Glaser said.

The Gators will travel to Palos Verdes, California, to take part in their second event of the Spring season. The invitational runs from Sunday through Thursday.

UF came up one stroke short two weeks ago in Lecanto, Florida. Had redshirt freshman Elin Esborn been inserted into the scoring five in place of sophomore Marta Perez or freshman Addie Baggarly, the Gators would have won the two-round tournament.

Glaser, however, said that Esborn will be inserted into the top five starting Sunday

But, she isn’t concerned that her team would have won with Esborn in the lineup.

“You can play those what-if, or ‘shoulda-coulda-woulda’ games,” Glaser said. “But at the end of the day, we’ve got to go through some of those things to figure out who’s going to be the toughest in April and May.”

Florida will lean on its new leader Sierra Brooks in the tournament after she won the individual title last weekend at the Florida Challenge. Brooks, a sophomore transfer from Wake Forest, will be followed in the lineup by sophomore Carlotta Ricolfi, senior Taylor Tomlinson, Esborn, and Perez.

Follow Chris O'Brien on Twitter @THEChrisOB and contact him at cobrien@alligator.org.