<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-47152f28-942f-16f5-3d39-c47f417a42d2"><span>Reginald Eugene Symonette Jr.</span></span></p>

Reginald Eugene Symonette Jr.

An Archer man was arrested Tuesday, a week after he drove away from a traffic stop and told officers he used a razor blade to cut crack cocaine, Gainesville Police said.

Reginald Eugene Symonette Jr. was pulled over at 500 SE Third St., a block away from Depot Park, for running a stop sign at about 5:30 p.m. March 27, according to an arrest report.

When Symonette, 40, gave police his license, an officer noticed a razor blade with white residue in the driver’s side door handle, according to the report. The officer asked if he used the blade to cut crack cocaine, and Symonette said yes, according to the report.

Police asked Symonette three times to get out of the car, but he refused, according to the report.

After asking the third time, the officer reached into the car’s open window, unlocked it and opened the driver’s side door. Symonette put the car in drive and sped off, according to the report.

The officer chased Symonette in his car, but he got away, according to the report.

Police found the car abandoned after the rental company traced its location using GPS, according to the report. Police said they found about half a gram of marijuana and a scale with marijuana residue on it in the car.

On Tuesday, GPD charged Symonette with possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, resisting an officer without violence and fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer. He was charged with multiple felonies in the past, including grand theft auto, burglary and sexual battery, according to court records.

Symonette was taken to the Alachua County Jail where he was released Wednesday on a $22,000 bond.

He could not be reached for comment.

Contact Robert Lewis at rlewis@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter at @Lewis__Robert.

Reginald Eugene Symonette Jr.