crime tape
crime tape

High Springs Police arrested a woman Friday afternoon for allegedly trying to stab a man for mowing her neighbor’s lawn.

Witnesses reportedly saw Willie Rose, a 63-year-old resident of High Springs, charge at the victim with a large kitchen knife while the victim was on a lawn mower. According to the HSPD report, the victim was mowing the grass at a witness’s house on Northwest 179thPlace.

Rose was allegedly close enough to try and stab him, but she failed because the victim jumped off the mower to avoid being stabbed, witnesses said.

According to the report, the victim stated that if he hadn’t jumped away, Rose “would have got (him), would have stabbed (him).”

HSPD received the armed disturbance call at 4:43 p.m. When officers arrived, they found Rose sitting on a lawn chair. The knife was also on the chair and was about 12 inches long.

While investigating, Rose told officers she didn’t want the victim mowing the yard and came at him with a knife. She is reportedly known to have mental health complications.

According to the report, she was charged with attempted aggravated battery. Rose is being held at Alachua County Jail with her bond set at $5,000.

Follow Jessica Curbelo on Twitter @jesscurbelo and contact her at jcurbelo@alligator.org.