crime tape
crime tape

Alachua County Sheriff’s Office arrested a couple Sunday morning for allegedly smoking crack cocaine while their child was in the car.

ASO found Timothy McCubbin and Cassandra Pasquale passed out in a black Saturn along South East 225 Way in Hawthorne, Florida. Three pipes, reportedly used for smoking crack cocaine, were found in their seats in plain view.

Pasquale
McCubbin

During the investigation, officers discovered that a 4-year-old child was reportedly there while McCubbin and Pasquale bought and smoked crack cocaine.

The boy was sitting in a car seat that was allegedly littered with old food and maggots. According to the report, the child was covered with insect bites and fed only potato chips.

According to the ASO report, McCubbin and Pasquale are the child’s biological parents and his only caregivers.

According to the report, the area they were arrested in was known for drug use and drug sales. McCubbin, 40, later denied the pipe in his seat belonged to him. Pasquale, 28, told officers that she smoked crack earlier in the night.

McCubbin and Pasquale were arrested and charged with child neglect and drug possession at 7:26 a.m. According to Alachua County Jail records, McCubbin and Pasquale are being held for $55,000 each.

Follow Jessica Curbelo on Twitter @jesscurbelo and contact her at jcurbelo@alligator.org.