<p>Mac Miller died Friday in his Los Angeles home. He was 26.</p>

Mac Miller died Friday in his Los Angeles home. He was 26.

Hannah Fox’s music taste changed after seeing Mac Miller perform when she was in ninth grade.

It’s how the 18-year-old UF elementary education junior will remember the late rapper.

He was part of her and her friends’ “era of music.”

Mac Miller, a 26-year-old rapper, known for songs such as “Self Care” and “Donald Trump” died Friday of a suspected drug overdose, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The Pittsburgh-born singer and producer, whose real name was Malcolm James McCormick, released a new album, “Swimming,” last month.

“He was a bright light in this world for his family, friends and fans,” his family said in a statement to Rolling Stone. “Thank you for your prayers. Please respect our privacy. There are no further details as to the cause of his death at this time.”

The rapper split with singer Ariana Grande in May, and shortly after, he wrecked his Mercedes G-Wagon, Los Angeles Times wrote. Following the crash, he was arrested and charged with driving under the influence.

Jacklyn Griffis, an 18-year-old UF environmental engineering freshmen, said she saw social media posts from Miller’s friends expressing the difficulties he faced with drug use.

Getting help for problems that involve mental and physical well-being can be difficult to talk about, Griffis said.

“There are places on campus that I could go,” Griffis said. “I don’t know necessarily that he had people he could go to.

Contact Gillian Sweeney at gsweeney@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @gilliangsweeney

Contact Meryl Kornfield at mkornfield@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @MerylKornfield