<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-ef5a515b-7fff-eb15-4e06-2fb48c60d4ed"><span id="docs-internal-guid-ef5a515b-7fff-eb15-4e06-2fb48c60d4ed">The Good Berry Açai Bowls, located at 16 NW 18th St. in Midtown, held its grand opening on Tuesday</span></span></p>

The Good Berry Açai Bowls, located at 16 NW 18th St. in Midtown, held its grand opening on Tuesday

UF students’ Instagram feeds might soon be flooded with Gainesville’s newest açai bowls.

The Good Berry Açai Bowls, located at 16 NW 18th St. in Midtown, held its grand opening Tuesday, said Joan Pouparina, 21, who co-owns the shop with his 23-year-old girlfriend, Ariel Sonnino. The pair serves up traditional açai bowls with an emphasis on presentation.

“Our big thing is decorations, the aesthetic of the bowl,” Pouparina said. “Not only is it very good for you, organic and taste delicious, but we try to be very presentable as well.”

Each bowl comes with granola, toppings and a choice of drizzle. A small bowl costs $6 and comes with three toppings, a medium costs $8 with four toppings and a large costs $13 with five. Toppings include fruit, almonds, chia seeds, hemp seeds and coconut flakes. Customers can also drizzle honey, Nutella, condensed milk, dulce de leche or agave on top, Pouparina said.

The store’s prices are similar to other açai restaurants in Gainesville like Big Island Bowls, where bowls range from $8 to $10.

The co-owners graduated from Florida State University and met while studying abroad in Valencia, Spain. On their first date, they went to a health café in Valencia known for its açai bowls.

They decided to replicate the açai bar in the U.S. together.

The owners plan to expand the menu within the next two weeks. New additions could include create-your-own salads, fruit smoothies, avocado toast and Nutella toast, Pouparina said.

Sophia Codispot, a 20-year-old UF chemical engineering junior, visited the new restaurant Thursday. She ordered a small bowl with strawberry, banana and blueberry with a honey drizzle.

She said that while other açai bowls can have a gritty consistency, she found The Good Berry’s açai bowls just right.

“Sometimes it’s like the texture is kind of weird, but this is actually pretty good, I’d say,” Codispot said.