<p>Van Jefferson (12) finished with four receptions for 34 yards and two touchdowns in UF's 53-6 win over Charleston Southern on Saturday. He'll be one of the Gators' most important players if they're to defeat Kentucky this Saturday. </p>

Van Jefferson (12) finished with four receptions for 34 yards and two touchdowns in UF's 53-6 win over Charleston Southern on Saturday. He'll be one of the Gators' most important players if they're to defeat Kentucky this Saturday. 

“Licensed to Ill,” the Beastie Boys’ debut album, dropped on Nov. 15, 1986. The album’s first track, “Rhymin & Stealin,” is relatively provocative as far as early rap goes.

“Terrorizing suckers on the seven seas,”  Ad-Rock, Mike D and MCA start, “and if you’ve got beef, you’ll get capped in the knees.”

The relevancy of “Licensed to Ill” becomes more apparent with each passing year. Through the last 31 years since the album’s debut, Florida has never lost to Kentucky. The No. 25 Gators have done nothing but terrorize the Wildcats on their way to accumulating the nation’s longest active winning streak.

Here are the three players that will determine the result of the high-stakes early season matchup.

Van Jefferson

The UF receiver got off to a slow start last week against Charleston Southern. He didn’t make his first catch until the last play of the first quarter on a 12-yard gain for a first down. He was targeted twice before that, but a great defensive play and an unsuccessful goal-line fade yielded nothing. After that, he started getting better looks from Franks on his way to two redzone touchdowns

The misses weren’t his fault. There were instances where Feleipe Franks could’ve put the ball in a better spot or defensive backs made outstanding plays. But the focus will shift toward Jefferson to make more plays for his young quarterback.

Rayshad Jackson

Gators linebacker David Reese couldn’t make his way into the game last week due to a lingering ankle injury. Coach Dan Mullen said Monday that Reese wouldn’t be practicing earlier in the week, saying “Hopefully at the end of the week he can be ready to go.”

That leaves redshirt junior Rayshad Jackson to start for the second consecutive week. He made five tackles in his 2018 debut and looked decent doing so. It’ll be interesting to see how he can match up against Kentucky’s talented running backs. Speaking of…

Benny Snell

Snell is entering his junior year as Kentucky’s all-time rushing touchdown leader. He led the SEC in rushing touchdowns last season with 19. He added two more in the Wildcats’ win over Central Michigan.

The departure of 2017 starting quarterback Stephen Johnson — a dangerous runner in his own right — means the team will focus even more of its offense through Snell. He carried the rock 20 times last week and caught a pass out of the backfield.

If Snell doesn’t get at least that amount on Saturday, it means something has gone completely wrong in the game and UK is airing it out.

You can follow Morgan McMullen on Twitter @MorganMcMuffin or contact him at mmcmullen@alligator.org.