<p>Sophomore Oliver Crawford has advanced to the quarterfinals of the USA F28 Futures tournament in <span id="docs-internal-guid-19d91789-7fff-ba5b-6c59-90326bee2f18"><span>Harlingen, Texas. He'll try and advance with a win during his 11 a.m. match today, while most of his UF teammates will see action at the ITA Regional Championships in Athens, Georgia. </span></span></p>

Sophomore Oliver Crawford has advanced to the quarterfinals of the USA F28 Futures tournament in Harlingen, Texas. He'll try and advance with a win during his 11 a.m. match today, while most of his UF teammates will see action at the ITA Regional Championships in Athens, Georgia. 

Oliver Crawford and Andy Andrade were in position to move on to the finals of the men’s main doubles draw Sunday afternoon. The duo swept through their first three rounds at the ITA All-American Championships in Tulsa, Oklahoma, setting up a matchup with Alex Kobelt and Kyle Seelig of Ohio State.

But the magic from the duo ran out on Crawford and Andrade as they fell in the semifinals to the Buckeyes (5-7, 4-6), ending their week of competition.

Johannes Ingildsen, the only remaining Florida player competing on Sunday, lost his semifinals match in the consolation singles draw. Ingildsen finished the tournament with five wins across doubles and singles before falling to John McNally, another Buckeye.

Several other Gators were sent home on Saturday as well. Crawford also competed in the main singles draw and lost in the Round of 16 to Stanford’s Axel Geller (7-6, 4-6, 5-7). Sam Riffice joined Ingildsen in the consolation singles draw and was swept in the round of 16 by UC Santa Barbara’s Nicolas Moreno De Alboran (4-6, 3-6).

Ingildsen teamed up with Brian Berdusco in doubles, in addition to competing in singles, and ultimately lost in the quarterfinals of the main draw. Ingildsen and Berdusco lost in three sets to Sven Lah and Jimmy Bendeck of Baylor (4-6, 6-3, 10-12).

The Florida men’s tennis team will be in action again a week from today on Oct. 15 in Harlingen, Texas, at the USA F28 Futures.

Crawford and Andrade earned a spot at the Oracle ITA National Fall Championships in Surprise, Arizona, in early November after finishing the weekend as doubles semifinalists.

UF left Oklahoma without any hardware, but head coach Bryan Shelton said he was pleased with the performance he saw from his young team.

“We have identified what we need to work on the rest of this fall,” Shelton said in a release, “but I’m really excited about the direction we are heading.”

Follow Kyle Wood on Twitter @Kkylewood or contact him at kwood@alligator.org.