Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Stealing $177 worth of vodka and Captain Morgan rum landed a man back in jail.

Troy Rishaun Page, 42, was arrested Wednesday night after he was accused of breaking into a Winn-Dixie liquor store, at 300 SW 16th Ave., early Monday morning to steal alcohol, according to a Gainesville Police arrest report.

Winn-Dixie’s managers discovered the adjoining liquor store was broken into Monday morning. Part of the front window was shattered, the report said.

Surveillance footage shows a man wearing brown boots, white tube socks and a black hooded jacket with “Oracle” written down the center of the back, the report said.

An officer saw Page near the McDonald’s on East University Avenue. Page was wearing the same clothes as in the video, police said.

Page ran when he saw police, but the officer chased and arrested him. Page’s posture and face matched those seen in the video, police said.

Page later told police he broke into the store and used a shopping cart to walk away with the liquor. He sold most of it, the report said.

Page is charged with burglary, petty theft, resisting an officer without violence and dealing stolen property. He is being held in the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $80,000 bond.

Page has served nearly 20 years in prison for multiple thefts, burglary and other convictions, the report said. He was most recently released in December.

Contact Jessica Curbelo at jcurbelo@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @jesscurbelo