Generic Crime
Generic Crime

On his way to jail Wednesday night, a Gainesville man told police about the drugs he was hiding in his butt, Gainesville Police said.

Charlie Vernon Davis, 42, of Gainesville, was accused of concealing less than a gram of crack cocaine in a chapstick tube and a bag of ecstasy up his butt, according to an arrest report.  

An officer was driving on the 1600 block of NW Fourth St. when he noticed the blue Toyota sedan in front of him did not have working brake lights, the report said. Police stopped the car on the 300 block of NW 19th Ave, near the Sidney Lanier Center.

Davis was rocking back and forth in his seat and sweating profusely, police said.

Davis agreed to let police search him. Police found a tube of chapstick in Davis’ right pants pocket filled with four pieces of crack cocaine, the report said. Police also found two clear plastic baggies in the driver’s seat, a cup filled with clear plastic baggies and a digital scale in the front passenger’s seat.

Police arrested Davis and drove him to the Alachua County Jail. Before going inside, Davis told police he had molly, a street drug associated with ecstasy, hidden in his butt, authorities said. 

Davis removed a clear plastic bag carrying 6.6 grams of ecstasy from his rear end, the report said.

Davis was charged with possessing synthetic drugs to sell, possessing drugs without a prescription and possessing drug equipment. He is held in jail in lieu of a $32,000 bond.

Contact Amanda Rosa at arosa@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @AmandaNicRosa