What to do when Homecoming comes to town

Homecoming parade road closures
Homecoming parade road closures

UF Homecoming brings together the city and the university. Here’s how you could celebrate:

Midtown

Felipe’s Taqueria is offering two-for-one margaritas from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. today and a chance to win a $20 gift card if customers post a Snapchat picture in their Gator gear.

The Social GNV will have live music from Ethan Thompson Saturday from 7-10 p.m.

Downtown

The Gator Homecoming After Jam will take place on Bo Diddley Plaza featuring live music and vendors from noon to 7 p.m. today.

Delta Epsilon Psi is having its Homecoming party Saturday at Bank Bar & Lounge from 10:30 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. Cover is $10.

The Backyard at Boca Fiesta and Palomino is celebrating Saturday night with live DJs. Cover is $5.

Gold Room Nightclub is offering drink specials and reduced cover from 9 p.m. today to 2 a.m. Saturday for its Homecoming Weekend Finale.

Campus

Gator Growl begins at 5 p.m. today on Flavet Field with performances from Walk the Moon and Ty Dolla $ign. Tickets are between $25 and $50 with a student discount code.

From 10 a.m. to noon today, the Plaza of the Americas will be filled with activities and attractions for the UF Homecoming Festival.

The UF Homecoming Parade starts at noon today and will move down University Avenue.

The Student Animal Alliance will host a vegan tailgate at Murphree Hall Saturday from noon to 3 p.m.

Contact Emma Witmer at ewitmer@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @EmWitmer