Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Three men robbed the chains off a person’s neck Saturday, according to UF Public Safety.

Gainesville Police are looking for three men suspected of ripping the shirt and chain off a person near the UF Delta Upsilon fraternity house, at 1814 W University Ave., according a UF Public Safety Alert sent to students that morning.

One man was of medium build and wore a blue jacket and blue jeans, the alert said. Another was of a small build and wore a red shirt. The third man had a heavy build, wore a grey shirt and had long hair in a bun.

Mitchell Rice, a 20-year-old UF business administration sophomore and Delta Upsilon member, said he was at the house when he received the alert on his phone.

Police officers did not come to the house and his fraternity brothers did not notice anything out of the ordinary, Rice said.

After leaving a little past 2 a.m., Rice said he saw two police officer cars parked on the road behind the house, but he didn’t see anything unusual.

Rice said he received a flood of messages from his friends, but he and his brothers were just as confused as everyone else.

“There was no robbery, nobody was hurt, “ Rice said.

Anyone with information about the three men can call Gainesville Police at 352-955-1818.

Contact Alyssa Ramos at aramos@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @LysKRamos