Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Three Chiefland, Florida, men were arrested Wednesday in connection to a series of Gainesville car burglaries.

At about 4:30 a.m., Gainesville Police were notified of car burglaries at Aviara Apartments, at 205 SE 16th Ave., according to a Gainesville police arrest report. Police saw Jarquez Williams, 22, looking into a car with a flashlight while 20-year-olds Sh-Ron Ellison and Rashad Hooper were near Hooper’s car.

After being arrested, other car burglaries were reported. Authorities believe there are other unreported burglaries, the report said.

Several burglaries were reported Wednesday, the sheriff’s office report said. The stolen items are valued at $3,152.79.

Police found several items in Hooper’s car believed to be related to the burglaries, including a fishing tackle kit, police said.

Hooper was charged with eight counts of burglary, four counts of petit theft, two counts of grand theft, one count of resisting an officer without violence and one count of failure to obey an officer. He remains in the Alachua County Jail with a bond of $63,000.

Ellison was charged with nine counts of burglary, three counts of petit theft and three counts of grand theft. He remains in the Alachua County Jail with a bond of $66,000.

Williams was charged with five counts of burglary, two counts of petit theft and one count of resisting arrest without violence. He was released from the jail Thursday on his own recognizance.