<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-aa129ac5-7fff-260c-e560-b69fe11a8514"><span id="docs-internal-guid-aa129ac5-7fff-260c-e560-b69fe11a8514">Junior Marta Perez (+1) is in eighth after two rounds at the Longhorn Invite.&nbsp; UF (+10) is currently in 10th.&nbsp;</span></span></p>

Junior Marta Perez (+1) is in eighth after two rounds at the Longhorn Invite.  UF (+10) is currently in 10th. 

Florida’s women’s golf team entered the final round of the Florida Gators Invitational in second place at even par, three strokes behind first-place Miami.

However, the No. 8 Gators had the advantage of hosting the event. Their familiarity with Mark Bostick Golf Course helped them win the 47th edition of the Florida Gators Invitational for the fourth-straight season on Sunday, breaking the record for the lowest team score in tournament history with a 2-under.

“We play this golf course a lot,” coach Emily Glaser said in a release. “So one thing we know is you have to be patient.”

UF got off to a slow start due to six bogeys and two double-bogeys on the front nine of the first round.

But consistent play from sophomore Addie Baggarly and freshman Clara Manzalini on Saturday balanced out Florida’s performance in the first 18 holes of the tournament.

Baggarly recorded seven birdies and zero bogeys on the first day of the event. Her score of 2 under placed her in a tie for second among all golfers through two rounds.

“She’s really focused on her short game lately, and I think she’s realizing how that can help her score better,” Glaser said. “So that’s a huge key.”

Manzalini ended the first day in a tie for 15th with a score of 2 over, shooting a 1-over in each round.

Junior Marta Perez played her best round on the last day of the tournament. She shot a 2-under thanks to three birdies and only one bogey in the final 18 holes.

Perez’s overall score of even par was good enough for second place among all Gators and tied her for sixth place at the event.

After a strong first-day showing, Baggarly struggled on the front nine of the final round, hitting three bogeys in a row.

The sophomore bounced back with three birdies in the last three holes to finish with an overall score of 3 under, which led Florida and put her in a three-way tie for second place behind champion Michaela Williams of Tennessee (-4).

“She’s a different Addie handling adversity than she was a year ago,” Glaser said. “I’m happy to see her growth that way, and I think it’s translating into better finishes.

The Florida Gators Invitational is the only time that UF plays at home during the spring season, and Glaser mentioned how important that was to the team.

“We talked about it,” she said. “I think I’ve learned about this group that playing at home is fun, but it can be nerve-wracking when it only happens once a year.”

Follow Bryan Matamoros on Twitter @bmatamoros_ and contact him at bmatamoros@alligator.org.

Junior Marta Perez finished the Florida Gators Invitational with an overall score of even par. The Gators women's golf team won the tournament for the fourth-straight season.