<p>Police arrested a man accused of stabbing someone outside of Krispy Kreme Wednesday night.</p>

Police arrested a man accused of stabbing someone outside of Krispy Kreme Wednesday night.

An argument over how to make doughnuts lead to a stabbing behind a Krispy Kreme Wednesday night, police said.

Julius Jacolby Irving, 32, of Gainesville, works for the Krispy Kreme, at 310 NW 13th St., and got into an argument with a co-worker on how she was making doughnuts, according to a Gainesville Police press release.

She called her boyfriend to pick her up and when he arrived he confronted Irving about the argument, the release said. Irving took a swing at him, which started a fight.

Shortly after, the fight stopped and the man tried to walk away, but when his back was turned, Irving took out a pocket knife, and went after him, the report said. The blade was 4 inches long.

Man stabbed behind Krispy Kreme

Irving

Irving then stabbed the man in his torso, the report said. The man tried to defend himself and the fight continued. Irving tried to to stab him in the head but the man was able to defend himself.

The tried to walk away again, but Irving continued to follow him with the knife, the report said.

Police found the man collapsed on the ground in front of the store due to the two stabs to the chest, one to back and another in his right hip, the report said. He was taken to UF Health Shands ER.

The man was rushed to surgery and is still alive, the release said.

Irving still had the knife when police arrested him, the report said. He told police he fought the man and stabbed him, the report said.

He was charged with attempted murder, the report said.

Irving remains in the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $500,000 bond.