Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A man who allegedly threatened to “shoot the whole campus up” during a Gators game in a rap song was arrested Tuesday, deputies said.

On March 22, Christopher Maurice McCallum Jr., 27, of Ocala, posted a rap song under the name Wb Jun on his Facebook page, according to an Alachua County Sheriff’s Office warrant affidavit.

The post has been viewed about 34,000 times and shared by 308 users.

In the song, McCallum raps about an ongoing feud between unknown groups from Ocala Shores and Gainesville. He rapped the lyrics “catch you at a Gator game and shoot the whole campus up,” the report said.

He also said in the song that he doesn’t want to see the group from Gainesville at a March 23 concert by Kenyata Bullard, also known as Yungeen Ace, at the 8 Seconds nightclub, at 201 W. University Ave., the report said.

McCallum

McCallum

Multiple shootings have occurred at or nearby Bullard’s concerts, the report said. In June, Bullard’s brother Trevon Bullard and two teenagers were killed in a drive by shooting in Jacksonville. On March 11, three Jacksonville men were arrested after a shooting in Waycross, Georgia that killed one of Bullard’s friends and injured another.

McCallum was charged with sending a written threat to conduct a mass shooting, the report said.

On April 3, McCallum posted on Facebook that he was arrested by police because of a song.

“Everybody goes thru trials and tribulations but it ain’t to many ppl that go thru as many as me,” he said in the post.

He remained in the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $50,000 bond.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.