<p>Portillo</p>

Portillo

UF student Maxim Emilio Portillo, 22, was arrested by Alachua County Sheriff's Office Thursday regarding an incident that took place on March 22. He was charged with one count of sexual battery, according to an arrest report.

Portillo was accused by a woman who said she has known Portillo for about five years. The woman told authorities she joined Portillo and two of his friends at a Gainesville bar the evening of March 21.

After two drinks, the woman said she began to feel very ill and disoriented, despite being well within limits of her normal alcohol tolerance. She went to the bathroom and vomited before leaving in an Uber with group, the report said.

While in the Uber, the woman again began to feel sick. She and Portillo were let out of the Uber where the woman vomited on the sidewalk, the report said. Portillo used the woman’s phone to request a Lyft vehicle to continue home.

The Lyft driver said the woman seemed very intoxicated and mostly unresponsive but opened the door of the vehicle multiple times to vomit. When the driver dropped the woman and Portillo off at the destination, Portillo helped the woman out of the vehicle. She was too impaired to walk, the report said. The driver noted that Portillo seemed drunk, but was steady on his feet.

The woman said the sexual battery took place once at Portillo’s residence on his sister’s bed and on a couch in the room. She said at one point Portillo pressed a pillow against her face during the incident.

She recalled telling Portillo to stop approximately six times, the report said.

Portillo admitted during questioning that the woman was impaired during the evening of the incident and that he had sexual intercourse with her, the report said.

Portillo was released on his own recognizance on May 10.

Portillo could not be reached for comment.

Portillo