Tijuana Flats on Archer to relocate to Butler Plaza North

<p><span>The new Tijuana Flats in Butler Plaza North will feature a custom mural and a hot bar with 15 hot sauce pumps for customers to choose from.</span></p>

The new Tijuana Flats in Butler Plaza North will feature a custom mural and a hot bar with 15 hot sauce pumps for customers to choose from.

Tijuana Flats regulars of the Archer location, 3414 SW Archer Rd., will have to go to Midtown this week for their Tuesday taco special as the Archer location relocates to Butler Plaza North near Jimmy John’s and Orangetheory Fitness.

The Archer location closed on Sunday, and the new location will open on Monday. The midtown location, 1720 W. University Ave., is available for customers during the relocation.

Jazmyn Reed, associate public relations manager for Findsome & Winmore, an Orlando marketing agency, said the franchise is changing some of its locations to Tijuana Flats’ new store layout that features new decor.

“They’re selecting particular locations and revamping them,” Reed said.

The new 2,220-square-foot location on 3205 Clark Butler Blvd. will feature a custom wall mural, a total of 103 seats —13 more than the previous Archer location — and 15 hot sauce pumps, said Reed.

“They have a muralist coming in there this week and painting. It’s really gorgeous,“ said Mary Reichardt, marketing director at Butler Enterprises. “And they have a really bright new corner on one of the busiest intersections we have in Butler.”

The new Tijuana Flats location will host a grand re-opening in the fall after students return in late August. The event will include food specials and a “Give Back” day where a portion of sales will be donated to a local non-profit organization.

The building of the Archer location will be demolished and turned into parking for the upcoming Butler Town Center currently under construction, Reichardt said.

“We just want to make sure that we have everything in place to make that a convenient environment and so that particular building, because it was so old, is now going to become additional parking,” Reichardt said.

A demolition permit for Butler East was filed on June 3, according to the Gainesville city permits website.