UF applicants can now use Common Application

<p><span id="m_-2812059324886972428gmail-docs-internal-guid-4c064a73-7fff-e089-5ca4-30e4884dfdf4"><span id="m_-2812059324886972428gmail-docs-internal-guid-4c064a73-7fff-e089-5ca4-30e4884dfdf4">Gabrielle Russo, 17, was accepted into UF’s class of 2023. Russo, who’s a third generation Gator, applied as undecided but is interested in biomedical engineering.</span></span></p>
<div class="yj6qo ajU">&nbsp;</div>

Gabrielle Russo, 17, was accepted into UF’s class of 2023. Russo, who’s a third generation Gator, applied as undecided but is interested in biomedical engineering.

A common solution for a modern problem: UF applicants can now use the Common Application.

The Common Application, a college admission application platform that allows students to apply to multiple colleges at one time, will now be accepted at UF, said UF spokesperson Steve Orlando. More than 750 colleges accept the common app, and now UF will join them.

“It’s another avenue to increase access to UF,” Orlando said.

The decision day for the class of 2024 will also be changing. Instead of opening application results on the second Friday of February, which had been done in previous years, decisions will be released on the last Friday of February 2020, Orlando said.

“That just puts us in line with our peer institutions,” he said.

UF applications will be available Aug. 12 this year, Orlando said.

Schamael Joseph, a 22-year-old UF statistics senior, said the unique UF application made the process more personal, but he did find the Common Application simple to use when submitting to multiple colleges.

“The Common App is easy, but it's not personal,” Joseph said. “I think that when you’re applying to somewhere as great as UF, you need to give them a personal application explaining why you want to attend that specific school, not just college in general.”

Tori Whidden and Meleah Lyden contributed to this report.