crime
crime

A UF student told UF Campus Security Authority she was sexually battered less than a month ago in Jennings Hall.

The student reported the incident to UF Campus Security Authority, which is a part of UPD, and told them she did not want to disclose further details or tell any UF official or law enforcement officer the perpetrator's name, according a UPD release sent to students Tuesday evening. 

She told the Campus Security Authority she used to be in a “personal relationship” with the perpetrator.

The reported rape comes about two weeks after former UF Weaver Hall Resident Assistant Ian Milaski, a 21-year-old economics senior, was arrested and charged with battery and false imprisonment. A female student accused him of repeatedly asking for sex, trying to finger her against her will and coming into her dorm room while she was asleep. 

He was released from the Alachua County Jail Friday after his bond was reduced.

The alert sent out by UPD included tips to avoid sexual assault or battery, such as not walking alone, being aware of your surrounding, staying in well-lit areas when walking and to walk in the opposite direction of a vehicle if one seems to be following an individual.

Contact Dana Cassidy at dcassidy@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter @danacassidy_.