crime
crime

A Gainesville man turned himself in to deputies Wednesday night in connection to a murder and home invasion robbery on Sunday morning.

Bryan G. Williams, 32, was arrested on a murder charge, attempted robbery with a firearm and attempted murder, according to an arrest warrant. This comes after deputies found two men, one dead and one injured, inside a home on the 1200 block of Southwest 75th Drive, according to court records. 

Jonathan Morris was pronounced dead when law enforcement arrived, and the other unnamed 22-year-old also found at the house was taken to UF Health Shands Hospital. A third person was found injured about half a mile away after the first two were found.

All three people were shot, said Art Forgey, Alachua County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson. Law enforcement is still determining if the third person is involved in the same shooting or a separate incident.

Williams is not one of the three people shot, Forgey said. 

The investigation is ongoing, with the injured person in the home and the man found nearby still in the hospital. Items were stolen from the home but deputies are not releasing what they were as of Thursday.

There aren’t any other warrants for arrests as of Thursday, but Forgey said more arrests are expected to come soon.

“We’re piecing together slowly what happened,” Forgey said.

Williams is being held in the Alachua County Jail on a $3.5 million bond, according to court records.