Ocala man arrested after allegedly throwing bricks, broken concrete at cars, multiple apartments

crime
crime

An Ocala man is behind bars after allegedly tackling a woman and hurling concrete at multiple cars and apartments Saturday morning. 

Authorities arrested 39-year-old Reginald Baker after they say he used pieces of broken concrete to damage three cars and enter two apartments at the Treebecka Park Apartments complex, according to a Gainesville Police Department arrest report.

Baker screamed as he ran through the complex located at 6400 SW 20th Ave., the report read. After using the concrete to dent and shatter the windshields of vehicles in the parking lot, he threw it through an apartment window. The presence of blood on the apartment’s balcony glass door blinds indicated to police that Baker entered the residence through there. 

According to the report, Baker proceeded to throw a brick through the rear door of another apartment nearby and entered the occupied residence yelling.

Baker, upon trying and failing to pick up a large rock to throw at another apartment window, attempted to enter the residence by head-butting the front door, the report read. When a neighbor walked outside to see what was going on, she was tackled to the ground by Baker.

A second witness was able to pull Baker off the woman, the report read. The woman’s condition is unknown.

Baker was charged with three counts of battery (two on an officer, firefighter, EMT, etc.), two counts of unarmed burglary, four counts of property damage and shooting or throwing a deadly missile. He remains in the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $475,000 bond.

Contact Samia Lagmis at slagmis@alligator.org.