<p>Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)</p>

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Residents of Social 28 apartments, located at 311 SW 13th street, received an email Sunday night alerting them that another resident had tested positive for COVID-19.

There are 35 confirmed cases in Alachua County and 11 confirmed at UF, as of Sunday evening.

The email did not say who the resident was or which building they lived in. The email confirmed that the resident and their roommates were self-quarantining. 

The email also read that the apartment would implement new measures to avoid spread of the virus including enhanced cleaning standards and revised food delivery policy — asking guests to now come to the lobby to pick up their food. 

The Courtyards, another student living complex located next to Social 28, sent an email to its residents Wednesday about COVID-19 exposure within the apartment community. The leasing office was closed Thursday to be "professionally cleaned and sanitized," according to the email.  

Contact Alyssa Feliciano at afeliciano@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter @alyssashantelle. 

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)