Former Mississippi State offensive lineman Stewart Reese transfers to Florida

Football
Football

Former Mississippi State offensive lineman Stewart Reese has decided to transfer to Florida, per multiple reports.

Reese, brother of current Gators linebacker David Reese, is eligible to play immediately as a senior. He started 26 games for the Bulldogs at right tackle in 2017 and 2018 before moving to right guard for eight games in 2019.

Reese spent two years with Florida coach Dan Mullen and offensive line coach John Hevesy at Mississippi State before they both left to take their respective jobs in Gainesville.

The 6-foot-5, 345-pound lineman brings plenty of size and experience to a unit that needs significant improvement from last season. The Gators struggled to run the ball primarily because of its poor offensive line play, and their pass protection wasn’t much better. Pro Football Focus ranked UF’s offensive line 92nd in the country last season.

The addition of Reese also adds depth to an offensive line that saw freshman Issiah Walker transfer to Miami before ever playing a down for the Gators.