Gators ink pair of four-star signatures on NSD

Cam Newbauer
Cam Newbauer

After hitting the recruiting trail early this year, coach Cam Newbauer was finally able to lock up his long-awaited 2021 recruiting class Wednesday afternoon. 

Jeriah Warren, Taliyah Wyche, Tatyana Wyche and Alberte Rimdal all finalized their commitments to the University of Florida on Veteran’s Day.

Warren is the headlining commit for UF this fall, as the Lake Charles, Louisiana, native is considered a Top 100 recruit by Prospects Nation and one of the best players in the state. Warren averaged nearly 17 points per game in her junior season and spoke highly of the Florida coaching staff amid her commitment to the program back in May as well as on signing day.

“The Florida staff was the most consistent with communicating with me,” said Warren. “I spoke to all of the coaches, not just the one recruiting me, so I really liked that.”

Taliyah and Tatyana Wyche dominated the South Florida basketball circuit last season, leading juggernaut Plantation American Heritage to its third consecutive class 5A state championship. 

The 6’3” sisters averaged 19 and 15 points per game last season, respectively, and Taliyah has received national recognition as the 19th ranked forward in the class of 2021, per ESPN.

Alberte Rimdal will join the Gators as one of five international athletes at UF season, and the Denmark native has been a highly-regarded prospect for some time now both domestically and in the United States. 

Rimdal has represented her country 50 times at various youth levels over the past two years, averaging 13/2/2 in the U18 European Championships last year. 

The 5’9” guard also participated in the Basketball Without Borders global camp earlier this year in Chicago. After seeking out quality competition for years, Rimdal cited the SEC’s quality as a point of interest.

“I chose Florida because I believe in the journey the coaching staff has started,” said Rimdal. “I wanted to play in one of the best leagues and the SEC is just that.”

While Newbauer will have the opportunity to add to his recruiting class in May, the Florida head coach spoke very highly of his current crop of recruits. 

“On the court, this class brings a high level of championship experience with three state champions and elite international play,” said Newbauer. “Off the court, they bring the upstanding character and elite standard qualities that best represent the Gator Nation.”

Contact Declan Walsh at dwalsh@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @dawalsh_UF.