The Avenue, the arts, culture and entertainment section of The Alligator, is hiring! We are looking for a team of three ambitious staff writers and two news assistants who are well versed in arts, theater, film, music, food and drink, fashion, lifestyle and Gainesville nightlife. These positions will be paid. 

Click HERE to apply to the Avenue. Applications are due Thursday, Dec. 24 at 11:59 p.m.

Staff writers will complete 3-5 weekly news and enterprise stories with a focus on the Gainesville entertainment scene for both The Alligator’s print and digital publications. News assistants will have the same focus but are expected to complete 1-3 stories a week. 

With more creative freedom than traditional daily news writers, the Avenue team should be up to date on all things entertainment in Gainesville. Here, writers have the opportunity to interview local creatives, write personal essays about collegiate culture, produce Q&As with performing artists, review movies and shows, critique restaurants and much more. 

Journalism students are preferred, but all majors are welcome to apply. Applicants must be either UF or Santa Fe students. 

Avenue staff will not be required to be in Gainesville this semester.

Please direct any questions to Morgan Goldwich at mgoldwich@alligator.org.