Gators full softball schedule revealed

Florida will begin the season Feb. 12 against USF

<p>The Gators applaud outside of their dugout during a game last season</p>

The Gators applaud outside of their dugout during a game last season

Florida didn’t know which teams it would be facing on the diamond in 2021 until Jan. 14.

Following the unveiling of its SEC slate Jan. 15, UF’s complete 48-game schedule was released Friday.

The Gators’ season will begin against a foe it has battled against every year since 1997: the USF Bulls. UF hasn’t lost to the Bulls since 2013 and will bring its 17-game winning streak to Tampa for a weekend series Feb. 12.

After a three-game set against USF, Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium will see action for the first time in almost a year during a date with Jacksonville Feb. 17.

The following weekend, Florida will host the Bubly Invitational, which will feature a trio of games against Georgia Southern Feb. 19-21 and Charlotte Feb. 20-21.

Nine more non-conference games will follow – including the traditional home-and-home fixtures against FSU on March 5-6 – before the first SEC game against Kentucky March 12.

During the SEC season, the Gators will still have a sprinkling of games against schools, such as UCF and FGCU, before ending the regular season facing Texas A&M May 9.

In total, 24 of UF’s contests will be played outside the SEC. Ticket and stadium capacity information will be announced at a later date.

Contact Noah at nram@alligator.org and follow him at @Noah_ram1

Noah Ram

Noah is a third year journalism-sports and media student from Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. He has been with The Alligator since Spring 2019 and has covered men’s and women’s tennis, gymnastics and volleyball. When he isn’t on his beat, Noah is usually sadden over his beloved South Florida sports teams, such as the Heat and Dolphins.