<p>UF lacrosse will match up against Kennesaw State for the second time in program history.</p><p> </p>

UF lacrosse will match up against Kennesaw State for the second time in program history.

After a week-long hiatus, the Gators will lace up to face the Kennesaw State Owls, Wednesday.

Originally slated for Feb. 23, the game was rescheduled due to COVID-19 cases within Kennesaw State’s program. Now, Florida will travel to Kennesaw, Georgia for the second matchup in program history. Florida defeated Kennesaw 21-6 last season.

The Gators hope to bounce back after a tough 11-5 loss to the No. 1 Tar Heels Feb. 19

After week two, Florida picked up two AAC awards. Goalkeeper Sarah Reznick brought in her second straight AAC Freshman of the Week honor. Attacker Grace Haus collected a second straight Honor Roll.

Haus, who currently sits at 95 career goals, looks to stretch beyond the 100-goal mark. The Baltimore native earned a hat trick versus North Carolina. 

Kennesaw State sustained a 15-7 blowout loss to Coastal Carolina Feb. 27. Twin sisters Marissa and Siena Gore shared the spotlight with three goals apiece

Siena finished the 2020 season ranked first for goals in the ASUN Conference. Marissa ranked sixth in the same category.

The game will kick off at 11 a.m. on Sports Park Field 3. 

Contact Karina Wilson at kwilson@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter @kk_rinaa

Karina Wilson

Karina Wilson is a second-year student at the University of Florida within the College of Journalism and Communications with a specialization in sports and media. She aims to produce engaging, accurate and current content for all types of sports fans. Currently, Karina is The Alligator's lacrosse beat writer.