Voting precinct changes for the Gainesville Regular Election

Precinct 27 voters will cast their ballots at a temporary location this year

city commission new graphic
city commission new graphic

About a week ahead of the Gainesville Regular Election, the county reminded voters of a polling place change. 

The Alachua County Supervisor of Elections sent an email Wednesday reminding voters of polling place changes for the election on March 16.

Voters within the affected Precinct 27, Gainesville’s Duckpond neighborhood near Waldo road, were mailed letters notifying them of a change at the end of February, according to the email. Voters can find their precinct number online or on their Voter ID.

Precinct 27 voters will be unable to vote at the Thelma Boltin Center, the precinct’s regular polling place, due to ongoing renovations, the email read. The temporary polling location for the precinct is the Thomas Center, which is located at 302 NE 6th Avenue.

The precinct will return to the Boltin Center location after the March election. 

The email reminder also let voters know that some precincts are combined during city elections. The merged precincts are:

• Precinct 30 voters will vote at Precinct 13 at Mt. Carmel Baptist Church
  • Precinct 35 voters will vote at Precinct 59 at Wyndham Garden Gainesville Hotel
  • Precinct 43 voters vote at Precinct 32 at LifeSouth Community Blood Centers
  • Precinct 48 voters will vote at Precinct 39 at Hilton UF Conference Center
  • Precinct 52 voters will vote at Precinct 36 at Doyle Conner Building

While voters are required to vote at their assigned polling location on election day, early votes can be cast at any of the four early voting locations

Early voting runs until March 13 at the Alachua County Supervisor of Elections Office, the Millhopper Branch Library, the Reitz Union and the Martin Luther King Jr. Multipurpose Center. All locations will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. 

A sample ballot is available on the Alachua County voting website.

Contact Jack Prator at jprator@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @jack_prator.

Jack Prator

Jack is a UF journalism sophomore covering the Gainesville City Commission. If he's not in a hammock at the plaza he is probably watching the Queen's Gambit for the fifth time.