Man steals from three Gainesville schools

Gainesville Police Department is looking for a 53-year-old man who allegedly stole from three schools

crime
crime

The Gainesville Police Department is actively searching for a suspect who stole from three Gainesville schools. 

The burglaries began July 7 when a man —who GPD identified as 53-year-old Kenneth Woodridge — broke a window at Gainesville High School at about 1:30 a.m. before entering and stealing two large bags of several items, including electronics. 

The suspect also burglarized the A. Quinn Jones Center on July 13 and Westwood Middle School on July 11.

GPD spokesperson Graham Glover could not answer questions about how and when Woodridge was identified. 

Glover said it’s unclear what the suspect’s motive is for burglarizing the schools. 

GPD is asking for help in identifying Woodridge’s whereabouts or the burglaries, and if anyone has information, they should contact Detective Quinn at 352-339-0506 or the Alachua County Crime Stoppers at 352-372-7867. 

This article has been updated to reflect that the man burglarized the schools. The Alligator initially reported otherwise.

Contact Jake Reyes at jreyes@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @frlJakeReyes.