Gainesville police arrests alleged serial indecent exposure suspect

John Mosley pleaded no contest to a charge of indecent exposure in 2017

Gainesville police arrested a man last week they said was involved in 15 cases of indecent exposure this year.

The arrest came after plain-clothed Gainesville Police Department detectives followed John Mosley, a 28-year-old Gainesville resident, around southwest Gainesville apartment complexes last Tuesday evening, according to a GPD press release. 

The pursuit led detectives to Lexington Crossing, located about three miles southwest of campus at 3700 SW 27th St, where detectives approached Mosley and pretended to be students. While he did not expose himself to the detectives, he fled the scene after he exposed himself to two people entering an apartment. Patrol was then called in to pursue him.

Mosley faces two felony charges. He has a 2017 misdemeanor conviction for indecent exposure, when he was sentenced to 12 months of probation and ordered to complete 50 hours of community service and undergo a psychosexual evaluation and treatment. 

Contact Omar at oateyah@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @OAteyah.   

Omar Ateyah

Omar Ateyah is a third-year journalism student and the Alligator's Race and Equity reporter. He previously served as the Alligator's crime reporter and as a news assistant on the Metro Desk. He enjoys going on long, thoughtful walks.