Fifth-year seniors Savannah Schoenherr and Rachel Baumann join Gators Gymnastics in 2023.

Savannah Schoenherr announced her return for a fifth year with the Gators three days after Rachel Baumann transferred to Florida from Georgia

<p>UF gymnast Savannah Schoenherr announced she will return to the Gators&#x27; program for her fifth and final year of eligibility.</p>

UF gymnast Savannah Schoenherr announced she will return to the Gators' program for her fifth and final year of eligibility.

Gators Gymnastics’ chemistry, instituted by a string of fifth-year returns, will continue this Fall while incorporating former Bulldog and Florida legacy Rachel Baumann. 

Fifth-year Florida senior Savannah Schoenherr announced she will return for one more year via Twitter Wednesday. The announcement comes three days after Baumann announced her transfer from the University of Georgia to Gainesville for her final year of eligibility.

Schoenherr, an all-around gymnast, set a collegiate-best 9.975 on vault against North Carolina State March 11, and she equaled that score on the uneven bars versus Arkansas Jan. 28. 

A Gators Gymnastics Heart and Soul Award honorable mention, Schoenherr’s return to UF keeps the continuity of the 2022 Southeastern Conference champions. She joins seniors Nya Reed and Trinity Thomas who also announced their returns earlier this summer.

Baumann, the younger sister of former Gators All-American Alyssa Baumann, transferred to Florida for her final year of eligibility. The move will make 2023 the sixth straight season a Baumann has been on UF’s roster. 

“I am very blessed for the opportunity to pursue my dream graduate program…and get one more year to do the sport I love,” Baumann said. “Hope y'all are ready for another Baumann in the O’Dome.” 

The Texas native spent her undergraduate years in Athens, Georgia, competing for the Bulldogs. She led UGA with 12 performances on beam and 11 on vault and floor last season. She recorded a perfect 10.0 on floor at home against the GatorsJan. 21. 

The SEC Academic Honor Roll athlete joins Victoria Nguyen as the second Bulldogs transfer to join the Gators for the upcoming season. 

Contact Brandon Hernandez at bhernandez@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @BranH2001.

Brandon Hernandez

Brandon Hernandez is currently the enterprise sports writer and sports podcast host for The Independent Alligator. He likes long walks on the sidewalk and watching basketball tape in his off time. You can find most of his work @BranH2001 on X and on The Courtside Podcast on Spotify.