<p>UF lacrosse coach Amanda O-Leary added Nicole Levy to the Gators&#x27; coaching staff.</p>

UF lacrosse coach Amanda O-Leary added Nicole Levy to the Gators' coaching staff.

Head coach Amanda O’Leary announced Nicole Levy as the newest assistant coach for the Florida lacrosse program Friday. 

“We are incredibly excited to have Nicole join our staff,” O’Leary said. “She has great knowledge of the game, a plethora of experience and brings a level of passion that we love to see.”

The addition comes after former assistant coach Taryn VanThof took over the role of head coach at Arizona State Tuesday, leaving Gainesville after six years. 

Levy, who coached three years for the Colorado Buffaloes, helped lead Colorado to an 11-6 overall record. This included wins against top-ranked Denver and Stanford. 

“I couldn’t be more excited to begin this new chapter of my career with an amazing staff and incredibly talented team,” Levy said. “I have learned a lot throughout my career and hope to bring my knowledge and creativity to each student-athlete.” 

The East Islip, New York, native spent four years playing at Syracuse during her collegiate career, earning a degree in Human Development and Family Science. She recorded 81 assists during her time with the Orange, ranking eighth all-time in SU’s history. 

Levy joins the staff after the Gators’ successful 2022 campaign, winning the American Athletic Conference tournament, going 17-5 for the season.

Florida, who secured its 11th-straight regular-season crown last season, also added midfielder Madison Waters from Southern California to its roster Tuesday.  

Contact Brandon Hernandez at bhernandez@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @BranH2001. 

Brandon Hernandez

Brandon Hernandez is currently the enterprise sports writer and sports podcast host for The Independent Alligator. He likes long walks on the sidewalk and watching basketball tape in his off time. You can find most of his work @BranH2001 on X and on The Courtside Podcast on Spotify.