Gator Growl replaces Olivia O’Brien with Fletcher

The replacement was due to unforeseen circumstances

American singer and songwriter Fletcher will replace Olivia O’Brien at UF’s homecoming concert Oct. 7, Gator Growl announced on Thursday. 

Fletcher will open the show hosted by former Gators quarterback Danny Wuerfell and headliner Flo Rida. 

The replacement was due to unforeseen circumstances, according to the Gator Growl press release.

"The situation was quite unfortunate due to the timing,” Gator Growl Executive Producer Jared Weingard said in a statement. “But my team and I have worked tirelessly to find a new opener, and we are super fortunate and excited that Fletcher had availability and can come perform at the show.”

Cari Elise Fletcher, who goes by her last name Fletcher, is best known for her single “Undrunk,” which reached the Billboard Top 100 in 2019. Her newest album released in 2022 is titled “Girl of my Dreams.”

Gator Growl is part of the annual Homecoming festivities. Doors to the Stephen C. O’Connell Center will open at 6 p.m. Friday, and the show will start at 7 p.m.

Contact Alissa at agary@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter @AlissaGary1.

Alissa Gary

Alissa is a sophomore journalism major and University Editor at The Alligator. She has previously covered student government, university administration and K-12 education. In her free time, she enjoys showing photos of her cats to strangers.