A woman was arrested Wednesday for a November hit-and-run collision, resulting in the death of a bicyclist on South Main Street.

Margaret Caitlin Walker, 29, turned herself in to the police, according to a GPD news release. She was arrested and charged with DUI manslaughter and leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death.

Detectives used geolocation data to confirm the locations at which Walker was drinking on Nov. 27 — the night of the collision.

Walker said she felt “tipsy,” and while changing the music, she felt her silver Volvo XC90 crash into what she thought was a road sign, according to the arrest report. She opted not to report it, because she didn’t want points on her driver’s license.

An Alachua County Sheriff deputy found Walker’s co-worker driving the car Nov. 30, according to the arrest report. It had damage to the front passenger side, matching the car’s parts found at the crash scene.

In 2013, Walker was convicted of DUI.

Contact Lauren at lbrensel@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter @LaurenBrensel.

Lauren Brensel

Lauren Brensel is a journalism sophomore and a metro reporter for The Alligator. In her free time, she's found going on mental health walks, being silly with friends, hiding from the public and reminding those around her that they did this song on Glee.