<p></p>

The first UF Student Government Senate meeting of the semester was only a 21-minute affair. 

The meeting recapped the work of the Transition Cabinet, which aids non-traditional students in their transition to UF, and announced an upcoming forum of the Student Funding Ad Hoc Committee, which will address funding concerns.

With no bills on the docket, the meeting went without any legislation debates. 

During the student body officer reports, Transition Cabinet Chair Sazzad Mabud said he was proud of the projects his cabinet spearheaded. He highlighted Resource Me, an event on Oct. 19 that allowed students to meet representatives from student organizations and other on-campus resources.

Other initiatives Mabud mentioned included the Transfer Affairs Cabinet beginning to work with UF Housing to expand housing options for transfer students and the First Generation Cabinet’s launch of a monthly newsletter to keep students informed about on-campus events.  

Senate President Olivia Green announced the Student Organization Funding Review Ad Hoc Committee will host a forum Jan. 11 in Reitz 2330 at 6 p.m. The goal is for student organizations to share their funding concerns, though it’s unclear what specific issues students will discuss, and ask questions about the funding process.

Green emphasized the meeting’s importance without diving into its specifics. 

The meeting adjourned at 7:53 p.m.

Senate meets every Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. in the Senate Chambers, located in the Reitz Union. The meetings are open to the general public. 

Contact Amanda at afriedman@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter @afriedmanuf.

Amanda Friedman

Amanda Friedman is a senior journalism major and the Enterprise Editor at The Alligator. She previously wrote for the Avenue, Metro and University desks. When she isn't reporting, she loves watching coming-of-age films and listening to Ariana Grande.