O’Cyrus Torrence receives All-American Brick

Torrence was first UF offensive guard to be a Consensus All-American

Former Gators offensive guard O'Cyrus Torrence receives his All-American brick alongside UF assistant coaches Darnell Stapleton and Rob Sale, and head coach Billy Napier on Wednesday, March 29, 2023.

Former Gators offensive guard O’Cyrus Torrence received his All-American paver brick outside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium Wednesday.

Torrence earned the honor after he became the first offensive guard in UF history to be named a Consensus All-American. 

He earned first team honors from the Associated Press, American Football Writers Association, Sporting News and Walter Camp. Torrence was named to the second team by the Football Writers Association of America. 

Torrence was glad to be a part of Gators history, he said. 

“Being a part of something that’s bigger than myself, I feel like coming here was the right decision for me in my career,” Torrence said. 

He transferred from Louisiana to Florida after head coach Billy Napier joined the Gators. Torrence spent one season at UF before he declared for the 2023 National Football League Draft. 

Napier described Torrence as one of the best players in college football at the unveiling ceremony. The UF head coach was proud of Torrence and expressed his excitement for his future, Napier said. 

“Just played here one year, but one of the best players to play here,” Napier said. “He’s just as good as a person as he is a football player.” 

Torrence and 11 other UF athletes will participate in the Gators Pro Day Thursday. The event will be broadcast on SEC Network and NFL+. 

Contact Jackson Reyes at jacksonreyes@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @JacksnReyes.

Jackson Reyes

Jackson Reyes is a UF journalism senior and The Alligator's Fall 2023 Sports Editor. He previously served as Digital Managing Editor and was a reporter and assistant editor on the sports desk. In his free time, he enjoys collecting records, long walks on the beach and watching Bo Nix.