Tigert Hall is seen on Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2021.

UF President Ben Sasse has appointed a search committee to find a replacement for outgoing Provost Joe Glover, the university announced Friday morning.

The committee will be led by Saby Mitra, dean of the Warrington College of Business, and Duane Mitchell, a professor and the associate dean at the College of Medicine. The committee will also be assisted by the Isaacson, Miller search firm. 

“This will not be a passive search where we sit back and review applications,” Sasse said in a statement. “With this committee’s work and with the help of Isaacson, Miller’s world-class search firm, we are going to recruit the best talent.” 

UF spokesperson Cynthia Roldan declined to provide further information Friday morning. 

The search committee will also include:

• Scott Angle, senior vice president for Agriculture and Natural Resources

• Glenn Good, dean of the UF College of Education

• Douglas Jones, director of the Florida Museum of Natural History

• Lauren Lemasters, UF student body president

• Maria Gutierrez Martin, interim vice president for UF Advancement

• Forrest Masters, interim dean of the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering

• David Nelson, president of UF Health

• David Norton, vice president of UF Research

• Mary Parker, associate provost and vice president of UF Enrollment Management

• Amanda Phalin, UF faculty senate chair

• Jane Southworth, chair of the Department of Geography

• Ana Claudia Spiguel, UF senior counsel 

• Lynda Tealer, UF executive associate athletics director

• Katie Vogel Anderson, professor at the College of Pharmacy

Mitchell, Lemasters and Tealer served on the presidential search committee that landed on Sasse as their sole finalist, while Mitra, Angle and Nelson served as advisors to the same search. UF trustee Rahul Patel, chair of the presidential search committee, will be the provost search committee’s liaison to the Board of Trustees.

Isaacson, Miller advertises a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Pending legislation in the Florida House of Representatives and Senate would ban DEI initiatives in the hiring process in Florida public higher education. It wouldn’t go into effect until July 1 if passed during the current legislative session.

The firm is also working with UF to find a dean for the College of Nursing. It was also one of four firms considered by the university to assist with the presidential search in 2022, but UF ultimately chose SP&A Executive Search.

Provost Joe Glover announced near the beginning of the Spring semester that he intends to step down in July and become a senior advisor to President Sasse.

Contact Christian at ccasale@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @vanityhack.

Christian Casale

Christian Casale is a history senior and the university desk editor for The Alligator. In his spare time, he loves writing his bio for the website and watching movies alone in the dark.