Tuesday, March 19, 2024

A Gainesville woman was arrested on suspicion of shooting her boyfriend in The Polos Apartments parking lot.

K’twona Frazier, 30, faces a felony premeditated attempted murder charge. Surveillance footage from the location showed a man entering Frazier’s car on May 23 around 10 p.m., according to the arrest report.

Three flashes of light, consistent with gunfire, came from the vehicle. 

In a later interview with Gainesville Police Department officers, Frazier said the man met with her to discuss their relationship after Frazier had heard he was seeing his ex-girlfriend again.

Surveillance showed Frazier arriving at the parking lot. The man arrived around a minute after, according to the arrest report. 

The man then entered Frazier’s car, and the three light flashes appeared after a few minutes. 

Frazier’s car left the parking lot, where she drove to the hospital and called GPD.

The victim is currently in critical condition. 

Officers found Frazier’s left pointer finger was broken but did not appear physically injured. 

Frazier also stated she is left-handed. Her hand tested presumptive positive for gunshot residue despite Frazier telling officers she had not fired a gun that day. 

Frazier allegedly gave officers multiple contradictory statements of what happened. She admitted to being in the car with the victim after being shown the surveillance video, but she did not admit to shooting him.

Instead, she allegedly told law enforcement the ex-girlfriend shot the man because she did not want them to be together.

She was arrested and taken to Alachua County Jail — her next hearing is yet to be known as of May 25.

Contact Gabriel Velasquez Neira at gvelasquezneira@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @gvelasquezn.

Gabriel Velasquez Neira

Gabriel Velasquez Neira is a second-year Journalism major, and the Audio Editor and Metro GA Reporter. In his free time, he enjoys sleeping, taking photos and playing guitar.