<p>A gator fan advertises parking off of West University Avenue prior to Florida’s game against USF Saturday, Sept 17, 2022.</p><p><br/><br/></p>

A gator fan advertises parking off of West University Avenue prior to Florida’s game against USF Saturday, Sept 17, 2022.

UF Transportation and Parking Services will begin to issue citations on university- and department-owned vehicles that don't follow safety regulations starting July 31. 

The Office of Business Affairs advised the campus body to avoid parking vehicles blocking access to sidewalks, bike lanes, grass and any additional restricted areas in March.

A review of vehicular movement on campus showed continuous violations after an initial announcement, according to a statement released by the Office of Business Affairs.

The behavior interferes with accessibility for people with disabilities, pedestrians and cyclists and may also hinder first responders during emergencies, according to the Office of Business Affairs press release. 

TAPS will place notices on university- and department-owned vehicles not complying with safety adjustments beginning July 10.

July 10 to July 31 is an opportunity to correct unsafe transportation behavior, according to the press release. 

TAPS also plans to notify the college and departments associated with cited vehicles to document parking offenses, allowing departments to privately address these issues.

The Office of Business Affairs also acknowledged parking challenges by introducing the creation of an app that will help with on-campus parking. 

The department will monitor parking throughout the Summer. The office will consider further action in the Fall if needed, according to the statement.

Contact Nicole at nbeltran@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter @nicolebeltg.

Nicole Beltran

Nicole Beltran is a second-year journalism and economics major. This is her first semester as the race and equity reporter. She has previously worked as a translator and editor for El Caimán. In her free time, she enjoys watching movies, trying new foods and drawing.