No. 3 center in class of 2024 John Bol commits to Florida

The 7-foot-1-inch center is the second commit in UF’s 2024 recruiting class

Florida head coach Todd Golden stands on the court during the Gators' practice the day before their Southeastern Conference tournament game Wednesday, March 8, 2023.

Sunrise Christian Academy center John Bol announced his commitment to the Florida Gators and head coach Todd Golden on Twitter Saturday. He chose the Gators over Missouri, Wake Forest, Texas, Michigan, Southern California, UConn and the Overtime Elite league.

Bol is currently ranked as a four-star recruit, the 29th overall best player and the third best center in the class of 2024, according to 247Sports. The 7-foot-1-inch big man led Sunrise Christian to a 21-9 record last season.

Bol moved from South Sudan to Wichita, Kansas, in order to start his high school career at Christian Brothers College. He transferred to Sunrise Christian his junior year.

The center recently played in the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League for MOKAN Elite. Bol shot over 70% from the field and ranks second in the league in blocks.

The South Sudanese talent’s official visit with UF was April 23 — almost half a year from when the Gators offered him a scholarship Oct. 30, 2022.

Bol joins Orlando Christian Prep shooting guard Isaiah Brown as the only two commits so far in Florida’s 2024 recruiting class.

Contact Brandon Hernandez at bhernandez@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @BranH2001

Brandon Hernandez

Brandon Hernandez is currently the enterprise sports writer and sports podcast host for The Independent Alligator. He likes long walks on the sidewalk and watching basketball tape in his off time. You can find most of his work @BranH2001 on X and on The Courtside Podcast on Spotify.